COMPLETION REPORTS FOR LIVESTOCK PROJECTS
- Title of the Project : Livestock Projects (5 goats per family)
- Implementing Organization : Umbrella for vulnerable
- Duration of Project : One year
- Date of Completion : October 2011
- Donor organization : Muslimehelfen e.v Germany
Project work and achievements:
Brief Description of the Project:
The project targeted the 90 families which were in 6 sites: Nyabwishongwezi, Bugarama, Gacurabwenge, Rubavu, Ngoma and Kiramuruzi. The projects were about livestock in the most vulnerable families that could help them in agriculture and husbandry. Each family got 5 goats composed of 4 females and one male; no one was allowed to sell the got until they produce.
To buy goats and distribute to the beneficiaries.
- Families empowerment through providing goats.
- Promoting livestock
- Promoting agriculture
- Creating income generating opportunities among families.
- Purchase of goats
- Transportation of goats to the sites
- Distribution of goats to the beneficiaries
- Follow up.
Beneficiaries / Users:
- Vulnerable families.
- Local population of in the benefited areas.
- 90 families are now possessing goats.
- The 90 families benefited the livestock projects can solve their daily problems in the area of agriculture (fertilizers) and livestock.
- End of this December 2011, 150 goats have been acquired from first beneficiaries and distributed to the needy, which means other 30 poorest families got the goat where each family benefited 5 goats.