- Title of the Project : Agriculture Project
- Implementing Organization : Umbrella for vulnerable
- Duration of Project : One year
- Date of Completion : In progress
- Donor organization : Muslimehelfen e.v Germany
Project work and achievements:
Brief Description of the Project:
The project entitled “Gacurabwenge Agriculture Project” was about to empower vulnerable women, who live Gacurabwenge sector in the district of Kamonyi, gathered in “Twisungane Cooperative”. These women are normally farmers and we found that they were missing some forces to increase their productivity and among those forces were what we provided to them such as land, hoes and accessories materials to dig, fertilizers, watering and seeds.
- To buy land and other agricultural facilities and distribute to the cooperative.
- Women empowerment through providing agricultural facilities.
- Promoting agriculture
- Increasing agricultural productivity
- Creating income generating opportunities among families.
Date of Start : July 2011 Activity Undertaken
- Purchase of land
- Purchase of agricultural materials, seeds and related facilities
- Distribution of agricultural materials to the beneficiaries
- Follow up
Beneficiaries / Users:
- Vulnerable families.
- Local population the benefited areas.
- A group of 54 families are now possessing land.
- The 54 families benefited from the agricultural project can solve their daily problems in meeting basic needs